What Is Business Interruption Insurance?
As a business owner, you know that anything can happen –– fire, tornadoes, floods, and any other natural or manmade disaster could potentially damage what you’ve established over the years. You’ll need financial coverage while working in order to resume business as normal after a disaster, whether that involves repairing your current location or relocating if necessary.
Did you know that 25% of businesses that close from a disaster never reopen; you can be part of the 75% who come back by investing in business interruption coverage.
What Does It Cover?
- Lost earnings you would have made under normal circumstances
- Damaged or lost Items; this can help you get back the money lost on merchandise you had planned to ship
- Expense coverage to keep the business running; for example, if you have to temporarily relocate
- Coverage if anything happens that causes your business to stop or slow down during post-disaster repairs
- Coverage for lost profits, payroll, rent, and taxes until business resumes as normal
Why You Should Have Business Interruption Insurance
Would you be highly impacted by having your business closed for an any amount of time? How long could you wait for your business to get back up and running, without experiencing a major financial impact? Be prepared for the worst so you can stay in business.